Monday, February 25, 2019

A Lightbulb Went Off!

In my psychology class, random spurts of ideas were called insight.  This means (in psych terminology) that an idea comes to a person in an all-at-once phenomenon.

I mention this because I just had a burst of insight.  I think I want to call my film Superhuman.

I just checked IMDb and there are some projects that are called Superhuman, but I think that the title fits my project extremely well.
I think my film will be a bit more unique that the reality TV show Superhuman.


Before I dive any deeper into hypothesizing details of my film, here is why I feel Superhuman makes sense for my title. Obviously, the film centralizes around a character with superhuman abilities; instead of saying "Superhero", I figured that to humanize my character, it would make sense to literally classify him as "human" instead of a hero, so he is not placed on a pedestal for his abilities.  I want to make evident throughout the piece that someone doesn't need to be extremely talented or extraordinary to make a difference. They just have to be respectful, resourceful, kind, and down-to-earth.  The title of the film will help audiences draw the connection between the character being a good human being instead of a being with supernatural abilities.

Perhaps to piggyback on the concept of the character not being validated for his heroism but for his humbleness and humanitarianism, I can make the title a handwritten logo.  This will further the idea that my character isn't to be idolized; he is just a normal person (with an extremely unique talent).  He is simply honest and compassionate and wants the world to be a happy place.



On the top image I was playing with the handwritten fonts and favored the circled text because They were easier to see as well as easier for the audience to understand the "Super" and "Human" titles.  At the bottom of the first page I also experimented with other iconic superhero logos, which I carried over to the bottom page.  I like these designs, however I don't know if I am subject to copyright by making a parody of these logos.

The two logos I like for Superhuman are these ones:



Although these are both rough drafts, I think that these logos would be effective for my film.

  1. "Super" Logo:
This logo is a parody of the iconic logo for the "man of steel", Superman. The diamond would be colored differently than the letters to make the title pop to the reader.  If the Superman red, yellow and blue were used,  it would spark the interest of the superhero fans and make them interested in the film.  I like how east it is to see the words, and the iconic Superman colors would make them POP.

     2. Portrait Logo

The outline of the hair is something I have been fascinated by in the past and think that it would humanize my logo and my character.  I created this logo by taking a picture from my front facing camera and then tracing the outline of my hair and eyebrows.  I would write "Superhuman" underneath the eyebrows so that they are not congesting the image. 

I'm not sure which one I like the most, but that why these are both rough drafts! I'm going to scan these sketches to my computer and edit them in photoshop so that I can have a title panel for my film!

I'm so happy to buckle down with Superhuman. In my next posting I'm going to talk about one of my favorite TV shows and how I plan to incorporate some of the character's traits from that show into my own story.

Image result for to be continued
                                      - Jake



TODAY'S HERO: SUPERMAN (Clark Kent (Kal-El))

Image result for Superman movie

Back Story: 
Born on the planet Krypton, Kal-El had to flee the planet when it blew up in a nuclear catastrophe. His escape pod landed in America where he learned how to use his superhuman abilities to help the world and eventually, the universe.

Powers:
Superman has the power of flight, x-ray vision, heat vision, super strength, superhuman hearing, bullet immunity, and can absorb energy from the Sun of the Solar System.

Other: 
- He is the leader of the organization known as The Justice League
- Weaknesses are the element Krypton as well as magic
- He has a dog named Krypto who can fly as well

Comic Book Origin: 
- First appeared in Action Comics No. 1 in 1938
- Started his second series in 1939 in Superman

Movie History: 
- First appeared in 1948 Superman, played by Kirk Alyn
          - sequel was titled Atom Man vs. Superman
- First feature film; Superman and the Mole Men, George Reeves as Superman
- 1978, Christopher Reeve starred in Superman (most successful Superman film to date)
         Created 4 sequels
         - Superman II (1980)
         - Superman III (1983)
         - Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987)
         - Superman Returns (2006)
- Henry Cavill starred in the 2013 remake Man of Steel (2013)
         - He reappeared in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
         - Also appeared in Justice League (2017)






No comments:

Post a Comment