Monday, April 6, 2020

(#32) - Editing Day #6 looking at a mirror!

The day has come... the final scene is ready to be edited!!


I hopped on to the WeVideo project tonight to edit the final exchange between Isa and Garrett (YAY, I get to edit vids of myself again!!). After sharing the video files onto the project media, I was equipped with my clips to begin compiling this scene.


Because all of the clips were filmed in order of the dialogue, I didn't feel the need to have the script open during the editing process. Instead, I began watching back clips and inserting which ones I liked the most.


It's strange editing video clips of yourself because you get to analyze and reflect on your expression, actions, and body language, not to mention the delivery of your line. A strange, reflective feeling came over me and brought me back to that day in the park when I was twirling my headphones in my hand and I remembered how much fun I had on set.


There was only one kindof problem that came up during the editing process—there was ONE LINE that had a lot of wind during the clip. I plan on going back to this specific clip later and add one file's audio onto another video. It is super late and I need to sleep, so I will go back and match the clips in the morning (if Luis doesn't get to it first!).


Not to mention, there were some clips where the line delivery was more aggressive and I made sure to include them in this scene. By editing the cuts so the dialogue starts immediately after the previous line, the scene gains intensity. This works well to build towards a climax where Garrett asks Isa what she thinks about stressing herself out to be successful.


Without further ado, here it is!! There is still the one line with the unmatched audio, so just be conscious of that!




I'm excited to micro edit this scene with Luis!!


Oh crap, we still have to do the final announcer voiceover.... Luis and I will do that this week!! In addition, I will make blog posts about the website.

Till Next Time, Have a Great Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment