Tuesday, March 19, 2019

And............ACTION!

I heard that on set a good number of times today.  No thanks to my cinematographer Luis (who makes every situation exciting and filled with energy), the shoot was very fun and informal and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Of course, if Luis heard that I thought he did an excellent job behind the camera, he'd be over the moon. But knowing Luis, he also knows that I think that he did an excellent job of capturing in the frame exactly what I had envisioned in the film.

Thanks for the help today, Luis.


Luis and I fixing the framing of the first scene.

The camera I am using in this photo is a G7X Mark II.  I've had this camera for a year and purchased it because of how compact it was, but also how excellent the resolution was. and how easy it is to use. I've used this camera in the past but this film is my first time using it on a large scale project.

I would like to add that it was a lot of fun to play off of my dad. Although it would have been much easier to be behind the camera telling other people what to do, I was happy in front of the camera telling my story about spreading kindness. 

Although my dad and I were not memorized, I thought that our pre-existing relationship allowed for less tension and awkwardness during scenes where we had forgotten our dialogue. In retrospect, it would have been much more efficient if we were both memorized, but I believe we put in good work today on set.


Me (left) playing Ivan, my dad (right) playing Mr. Carmichael.

The set that we used for filming was above expectations. In my last post, I showed images of the offices and conference room at my local YMCA that I could use for filming. I decided to go with the conference room because the table did not have a permanent border wall attached to it. I also brought some props with me to set (old classwork I have kept over the years, a computer monitor, a keyboard, an apple (classic teacher stereotype), and a pencil cup) to give the appearance of an actual desk that a teacher would use.



The original Conference Room.


Mr. Carmichael's Desk.

Overall, filming today went great, and I'm so excited to review my videos in more detail.  However, tomorrow I leave for a States competition from my Drama Club at school and do not have time to watch my content.  Because of that, I'm just going to make a post about the software I'm going to use to edit my film. 

Until next time,

                                - Jake


TODAY'S HERO: WONDER WOMAN (Diana Prince)

Image result for wonder woman comics

Backstory:
Born as Princess Diana of Themyiscira, Diana is a member of the women of the Amazons. She has special superhuman traits that make her a superheroine.

Powers:
Besides superstrength, agility, flight, and speed, Wonder Woman has a "Lasso of Truth" that can make any person answer honestly to any question upon inquiry.  She also has Amazonian bracelets that are bulletproof.

Other:
- Wonder Woman is one of the three flagship characters of the DC Universe, along with Batman and Superman
- She has a lot of ties to Greek culture and religion

First Appearance:
- All Star Comics #8 (1941)

Film History:
- In the current DCEU run of the character, she debuted in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) played by Gal Gadot
- Reappeared in the self-titled (and critically acclaimed) Wonder Woman (2017)
- Major role in Justice League (2017) 

No comments:

Post a Comment