Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Mr. Teacher

I've been thinking about the teacher character and I think I understand him a little better.

I've definitely decided on having him be a male.  I feel like for my male lead, having a male role model figure would make more sense because guys have a stronger relationship with other guys.  Additionally, because of how laid back conversations with guys are, their conversations would create comedic scenes for the audience to enjoy when they are not engrossed in the main boy's self-discovery. 

I know that I want him to be about middle-aged, so I'll make his age a generous 30-40.  I want him to be on the younger range of teacher ages so he can relate to the main boy, but still old enough to give him advice. 

I know I want him to have some elements of purple in his costume to be mysterious; I also think he should have some red coloration to show that he plays opposite of the main boy (red is opposite of green on the color wheel). 

When I envision a male teacher, I see a button-up shirt, slacks, and dress shoes.  Perhaps the teacher could wear a light purple shirt and a dark purple tie with a red pin on the tie. I definitely see black pants and shoes for him as well.  


I don't have a paper with me now to sketch an image of him, but I will upload one tomorrow. 

I'm about to perform my opening night of Mamma Mia! So hopefully all goes as planned!


                                  - Jake


TODAY'S HERO: SPIDERMAN (Peter Parker)

Image result for spiderman comic

Backstory: 
After being bitten by a genetically altered spider, Peter Parker gained the abilities of this arachnid.

Powers:
Peter Parker can climb on walls, has a "spidey-sense" where he can predict an event before it happens.  In some renditions of the character, Peter can create web-fluid biologically in his wrist which he can shoot out and swing from.  In other versions of the character, he creates wristbands that house the fluid. 

Other:
- He has had a multitude of different suits 
- There are numerous other "Spidermen" (Ultimate Spiderman, Spiderman 2099, SpiderHam, etc.) that are characters others than Peter Parker
- Peter Parker is a writer for the Daily Bugle, a popular newspaper in his city.

First Appearance: 
- Spiderman first appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15 (1962)

Movie History:
There have been 3 live-action renditions of Spiderman
- Played by Toby Maguire, the first Spiderman Trilogy included:
        - Spider-Man (2002)
       - Spider-Man 2 (2004)
       - Spider-Man 3 (2007)
- A new Spiderman film series followed, with actor Andrew Garfield playing the webslinger
      - The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
      - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
- The next film version of Spiderman is the one still currently bring played on the big screen: Tom Holland as Peter in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
      - Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) was his first solo movie in the MCU, but he does additionally appear in the MCU's Captain America: Civil War (2016) and Avengers: Endgame (2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment