Friday, March 8, 2019

Mr. Teacher Pt. 2

Okay, I got the sketch:



I think the red tie would be most effective to show that prominent authoritative and powerful character as well as the evil that rests within him.  I also chose for him to wear a red tie instead of just having the red pin because I think enforcing the authority is important to show that although they have a lot in common,  there is definitely a divide in their relationship.

I'm starting to see the teacher's character a bit more clearly.  I definitely see him as not malicious; I think he will be friendly and kind at first, with an inciting incident occurring in the film which causes him to turn against society.  This will allow him to be redeemed easier at the climax of the film.  

Additionally, I think the easiest casting decision would be to have my dad play this role.  He is six foot tall, has glasses, and has the odd, intellectual humor that teachers have. It would also be very easy to find filming time with him because, well, I live with him.

While analyzing the teacher, I think I know how I want to name him.  In honor of me performing Mamma Mia this week, I think I'll name him Mr. Carmichael.  In my family, we have a tradition where the kids are named after a relative of the family.  Although I'm not necessarily adopting this naming method 100%, I feel it's important to utilize elements from my life in my works.

In my next posting, I'm going to try to utilize new software to create my storyboard.













                                   - Jake



TODAY'S HERO: WOLVERINE (James Howlett)

Image result for wolverine

Back Story:  
James Howlett was born with mutated genes that gave him superhuman abilities.

Powers:
The Wolverine has animal-like senses, enhanced physical abilities, regenerative trait (dubbed his healing factor), and three retractable claws in each hand.

Other:
- One of the members of the X-Men team
- Personality was kind of ground work for the "anti-hero" and "vigilante" characters to come
              - He had the desire to use deadly force and also had a dark and brooding nature

First Appearance:
 - First cameoed in The Incredible Hulk #180
 - Got his first large appearance in The Incredible Hulk #181

Movie History:
- ALL OF WOLVERINE'S APPEARANCES ARE FROM ACTOR Hugh Jackman
- X-Men (2000)
 X2: X-Men United (2003)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- Had a cameo in X-Men: First Class (2011)
- The Wolverine (2013)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
- Hugh Jackman's character was "retired" in the solo film, Logan (2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment