Friday, March 15, 2019

The Boy.


No, not that boy.

I should really stop calling him "the boy". It's too impersonal and I think that I'll be able to establish more of who he is when he has a name.

I think the name will be decided based on who I cast. Both of my actors are 17 and are friends of mine.  I don't think it matters (in the grand scheme of things) who gets cast, but I definitely think that Charlie or Eugenio would fit the role best. If Eugenio is cast, then I want to name the character Ivan.  I wanted to name him this because he was a really good family friend of mine who had passed away a year ago.  I would want to remember him by naming one of my characters after him.
     If Charlie is cast, then I would name the character Mark.  Mark is my uncle's name (on my mom's side) and he has always been someone I looked up to because he does work that he loves to do.  Although I don't necessarily want to pursue the same occupation as he does, I think his love for photography and his motivation to keep doing what he loves doing is really inspiring for people, regardless of the career they are in.


I'm going to forward Charlie and Eugenio a synopsis of my story (that I established in my last posting) and a summary of what the scene would entail.  I'll come back to report their responses.

-----------------

It seems like Ivan is going to be the character.  Charlie had texted me back first, letting me know that he was busy due to the end of the quarter at school.  Fortunately, Eugenio texted me back saying he really liked the story and that he would be interested in playing the role!

Now that I have my actors I have to find some time to film before spring break because I will be in Nashville then.  Hopefully, on Monday and Tuesday after school, I can use one of my teacher's classrooms to film. This would allow me to edit over the course of spring break, and hopefully (if needed) have reshoots the week after.


I'm going to work on my script and set up a more defined schedule for shooting. I'll make sure to site those in the same posting so that I have my schedule posted before my filming days.















                                   - Jake


TODAY'S HERO: ANT-MAN (Scott Lang)


Backstory:
Scott Lang is the second person to take the mantle of "The Ant-Man".  After stealing the retired Ant-Man suit from Stark Laboratories, the original owner of the Ant-Man suit, Hank Pym, allows Lang to keep the suit and take on the mantle of Ant-Man.

Powers:
Hank Pym, the original owner of the Ant-Man suit, developed a substance called Pym Particle. This allows people to shrink and grow in size (from nearly subatomic sizes to about 100 feet). Pym integrated this technology into his super suit. The suit also allows for the sizes of other objects to be manipulated.

Other:
- Has a daughter named Cassie who becomes the hero "Stature"
- Teams up with "The Wasp" who is his wife that shares the same powers as Ant-Man, but she can also fly

First Appearance:
- Lang first appeared in The Avengers #181 (1979)

Movies:
- Ant-Man first appeared in live action played by Paul Rudd in Ant-Man (2015)
- Reappeared in Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- After this event, Lang appeared in Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018)
- Will re-appear in Avengers: Engame (2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment