Friday, March 1, 2019

Group Meeting Results

Yesterday, I participated in a group meeting in my media class to discuss our projects.

I thought that this experience was really fun because we were able to bounce ideas off of each other. When it was my turn to speak, I shared that I knew what I wanted for my opening, that I loved my blog, I knew what I desired for my opening and how I wanted the film to end, but I did not know what I wanted my character's superpower to be.

Mind reading was suggested but we distinguished that it was not as impressive. Super speed would be very cool and impressive but difficult to portray.  However, I mentioned the abilities of Matilda and that she has telekinesis, or the ability to manipulate objects without moving them.  This is also similar to "the force" from the Star Wars saga, where the characters can move objects using only their mind. 

This could be done on film through the use of string and holding objects in the air.  With proper framing and lighting, these "floating" objects could look visually appealing and go unnoticed by the viewer.   I think this is the power that I would like to go with for my film, and I'm glad my group helped me decide on this power.

                                       - Jake

TODAY'S HERO: JEAN GREY

Image result for jean grey


Back Story: 
She was born with telepathic and telekinetic powers (in the Marvel Universe, she is dubbed a "mutant"). She also contains the "Pheonix Force" which is a cosmic entity that possesses her body.

Powers:
Jean is telepathic (can read people's minds) and telekinetic (can move objects without touching them).

Other: 
- Member of the X-Men
- Possesses the Phionex Force

Comic Book Origin: 
- First appeared in The X-Men #1(1963)

Movie History:
- First appeared in X-Men (2000)
- X2: X-Men United (2003)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
- The Wolverine (2013)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
- Appearing in Dark Phoenix (2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment