Tuesday, March 3, 2020

(#10) critical path map (& schedule!!)



Without further ado... we have a plan.

I mean Luis and I already knew what we were doing in regard to what needed to happen, but we didn't know what we should start with or what would come after. Our critical path map reveals to us in what order we need to approach our upcoming tasks.

During our media class, we sat together and created a list of everything we needed to complete for our production. The list looked like this:


It looked like this because this is the actual list we created. 

Using a shared Google Doc file we evaluated the general order that all events must occur in. For example, before we can begin production, we must cast, write the script, revise the script, location scout, and storyboard. Some of these preliminary requirements have their own conditions that must be met, therefore the success of the critical path map is extremely convenient.

With this, we've created a schedule for this week:


(Completed) MONDAY: Write the Script & Cast if possible
(Currently) TUESDAY: Continue/Finish(potentially) script 1rst draft & Cast 
WEDNESDAY: Script Revisions & Location Scout
THURSDAY: Final script revisions & Final cast assembled & Storyboard Challenge #3
FRIDAY: Storyboard Challenges #1, #2, and School Scene & FILM SCENE #3
SATURDAY: FILM SCENE #1 and SCENE #2
SUNDAY: FILM SCENE #4 (School Scene) & Footage Review
MONDAY: Footage Review
TUESDAY: Photoshoot for the website (if we have not acquired pics during filming.

Then we begin the editing process!!


This was no small task. After creating the critical path map in class, Luis and I called each other immediately after school to flesh out this concrete plan.  This weekend is really the only opportunity I have to film as next week is my school show, Rock of Ages. Fortunately for me, I was able to adjust my schedule to open my weekend up. Luis and I are cautious about the filming days though: as we have eight characters (excluding myself) to plan around, we have to make sure we film specific scenes on certain days due to their availability.

I have my fingers, toes, legs, arms, and eyes crossed that this week will go exactly as planned. Although that may be an unreasonable thought, I know that as long as Luis and I show up to filming days prepared and ready for production, we will have a quick and efficient filming process!


Till tomorrow, Have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment