Friday, March 20, 2020

(#23) - "Hold that door!" (Production Day #6)

Last day of filming. Let's do this.

After writing the scene yesterday, Luis and I had the blocking fresh in our minds as we approached filming.

12:30 PM: I left my house to pick up Luis, Jakob (Bryce) and Dani (Isa). I feel like I've been the uber driver for the past two days, for Zachk's picture I'll get Luis to drive. After I picked up Dani, we made our way to her neighborhood park.

1:00 PM: We chose to film at her park because of 1. It was closest to her house and her parents were heavily encouraging quarantine on her and 2. this neighborhood has a small office place with doors! This is perfect for when Bryce storms out of the darkroom where he was inside the simulation; he will collapse to the floor and then run away in embarrassment when Isa sees him. She will begin walking after him only to be stopped by Garrett, adjacent to the little building. This was perfect!! As one of the workers was leaving, we asked if we could film one of our characters leaving the building. He kindly held the door for us as he left!

1:45 PM: (Although you might be misled by the 45 minute time skip) Things were going swimmingly!! Us four shared a lot of laughs with one another while we filmed. I personally had fun being on camera. I've found that I love how I physically portray a character, focusing on every movement and change in the posture I make. However, I was disabled by the sun because it was really bright out (lol my precious blue eyes oh no!), therefore pulling me out of the character frequently. Fortunately, Dani's professionalism and strength in memorizing her lines kept me composed as well, leading us to make an awesome scene for the (kind of) finale of the film!

2:45 PM: Luis said it. He was loud and proud to shout:

"That's a wrap!"

Well, technically yes a wrap on filming!! We have just one more picture to get. But indeed!! LUIS AND I HAVE CAPTURED ALL THE FOOTAGE WE NEED!! This is splendid :)

We also made sure to get Dani's yearbook photo to use for the website.



Zachk's picture will come later in the week!! Stay tuned for that!!

Till next time, Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment