Friday, March 6, 2020

(#13)-storyboarding/planning blocking

Luis was insistent that we make a storyboard; I don't have a lot of experience in this area as I rather make decisions of shots while I have the actors on set. Still, it's important to pre-plan before filming, so Luis and I did begin to create a storyboard:


"B" is Bryce, "I" is Isa, "A" is for Andrew, and "M" for Miranda. Characters with triangle bottoms are females. If a character is drawn with one arm, the side the arm is what side they see.


Using a generic worksheet to format ourselves, we worked on this document for scene #3, which we are going to film first. To actually figure out how the shots were going to be composed, first we needed to figure out where the characters were. I called upon my theatre knowledge to block this scene using some items Luis and I had in our backpacks:



And with that, we had a plan for our first production day! Even if the storyboard was not 100% completed, understanding the blocking of all the characters will guide us in selecting how to compose all of our characters on film. Hopefully, filming on the beach will be smooth considering that that location is notorious for wind and tourists. Taking this extra time to plan will ultimately benefit us!!

All we need to do now before production is get feedback on our script!!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment