Sunday, March 1, 2020

(#8) - conflicts.

There is irony in that I haven't posted in the past four days and that this post is about conflicts.

March, for the past 3 years, has been the busiest month of my year. For my AS level project, I frequently complained about having rehearsals for my school show, Mamma Mia! where I played the charming fiance to Sophie Sheridan, Sky. I had a lot of fun in that role, but always found myself stressed trying to find time to write deep, thought-provoking blog posts about my production process.

This year, a similar problem arises. Rock and roll legend Stacee Jaxx is a lead in Rock of Ages. Obviously, I'm excited about the part, but I'm nervous about how it will affect my production process. Luis and I sat down and created a critical path map (which I will post about this week) where we assessed how many days each aspect of our production process (both pre & post) will take to complete. Immediately after my 3 hour-long afterschool rehearsals for the show end, I will be confronted with rehearsing for my thespian states competition in Tampa. Finding downtime during these rehearsals to make progress on my film will contribute tremendously to the success of this project.

Again, I'm going to reiterate that I am blessed and lucky that I am able to partake in these activities. They are a huge honor. However, copious pre-planning must (and has) ensue. Considering the majority of the story has been created and the characters developed, I feel confident in the progress Luis and I have made. That comfort cannot go to my head though—I must persist in writing our script and casting our characters.


With no time to waste, I'm going to go write another blog post!!

Till next time, Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment