Monday, March 16, 2020

(#20) - MALMPFS (plan part 2)

MALMPFS:

(mal - m - pft - s), NOUN, Mine And Luis' Mega Plan For Success.


Thanks to a viral brand of alcohol (Corona), Luis and I have devised a new mega plan for success for this week. This week is our first week of "no school" (as our classes begin to transition to online), therefore we have Tuesday through Sunday at our disposal. After reaching out to our cast, Luis and I have our attack plan. 

Tuesday 3/17

Me, Luis, Jakob (Bryce), Sebastian (Andrew), and Kailey (Miranda) are going to film the short yet essential fourth scene, where Bryce exits the simulation. Without this moment, the audience won't fully understand the context of the competition. We plan on decking out Luis' garage with a black tarp to create a dark room where the characters can be playing in the VR competition. We also wanted to get some footage of Miranda and Andrew with their goggles on in the simulation to use during the voice-over at the end of the film.

Wednesday 3/18

On this day, we (fingers crossed) are going to show Jakob (Bryce) leaving the room he was in then collapsing to the floor. Isa sees him then walks away, only to bump into Garrett and having the final exchange in the piece. I cross my fingers here because I'm not positive if the location we plan on using is open for us to show Jakob walking out of the building. Regardless, that place has an awesome field and I get to be in the film again!

Some other day this week

We are going to get Z's yearbook photo. Our actor just has not been texting us back (understandable because of the current situation), so it is difficult to try to plan an exact date to take his photo. For this picture, we also need to pick up his costume from my friend, so I am waiting for a response from both parties before a date is set for these pictures.


The pandemic has been difficult for a lot of folks. Ironically, the worst of it affects the seniors. Not only the elderly who are at a health risk, but seniors in high school and college (like Luis and I) who will miss out on huge social moments of our lives. Its projects like this short film and other hobbies that keep me positive and optimistic about the future. Valedictorian aims to keep my head on straight as I spend the next four weeks at my house.

Till next time, Have a great day,


No comments:

Post a Comment