Thursday, March 26, 2020

(#27) - Editing Day 2

Lets not dilly dally!

Back into the routine

After inspecting the first few shots, I was a bit nervous to begin editing this scene. Most of the takes were identical in that there was little to no diversity in the delivery of dialogue or angle taken. I had to be extremely cautious about which shots I'd select to be in this draft of the film. 

Obstacles

As exciting as it can be to be on set, it is IMPERATIVE to have a clear shot list (or at least a crap ton of shot ideas) in order to have copious amounts of footage during post-production. The turn around time for our actual production days was really short, so our storyboard was very vague if existent at all (amateur mistake).  Karma was hitting big time here. It was incredibly challenging to find shots to splice together to show the characters running, but I was able to use some moments of Charlie falling to the ground to add to that "montage".  

Yeah...... this needs work

This was the exact text I sent to Luis after my hour editing session:

"Only scenes that look somewhat okay (like 70% or better) is kailey and sebas, char and Z, and the elimination (which i tried to be sneaky, bc continuity was extremely difficult)

What I observed:
- Timing for Load in needs work
- Record your VoiceOvers ASAP so we can work with them
- "See you later Charile!" (The elim) Miranda's hand is not in the same position when the characters leave, so i used miranda turning around and noticing charlie as her seeing he was just eliminated

I think as long as the running distance looks longer (inserting more into the montage of the characters running) then the pacing wont look as speedy as it does"

To summarize... Luis is going to go in and micro as much as he can, but this scene definitely needs at least one more day of meticulous micro editing until it reaches perfection!



I'm exhausted from editing (if you can't tell). My blog posts for this week are shorter than usual — there is a lot of chaos and confusion going on in the world resulting in a crazy week for me. 


Till Next Time, Have a Great Day and Wash your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment