Sunday, March 15, 2020

covid (#19) - conflicts con't

So, currently, we are in a debacle.

The afternoon of the second night of Rock of Ages, our director informed us that it would be our last performance (temporarily) as our principal feared the spread of the COVID - 19 virus that has taken the world by storm. Where I was totally understanding of this concern, my castmates were devastated. It is a shame to postpone my senior year performance, but I have to value the safety of my peers over a school show.

For this reason, my county's Super Intendent closed schools for next week. I was originally going to have classes from the 16th through the 20th, when I would have been in Tampa, FL, for my state thespian competition, but because it was a school-sponsored field trip, it was canceled.

As a senior in high school, it's extremely frustrating and depressing to lose these special moments of my youth. Ultimately, I have to push past these lost opportunities and look forward. I now have two weeks of no plans that I can take advantage of to work on my studies, my personal film projects, and Valedictorian.

Luis and I are extremely fortunate to have captured the majority of our footage before March 12th, when all public locations began to close down. Luis has already offered to redesign his garage to accommodate the scene of Bryce leaving the simulation, which will be perfect for the purposes of the film. There are a lot of uncertainties at the moment around the disease and social distancing, so Luis and I are trying to stay educated, hydrated, and clean to ensure the safety of us and our families during upcoming production processes. Luis and I plan to begin editing scenes 1-3 this week (as that is all the footage we have so far) on WeVideo, a software that has been extremely helpful in the past and something we are both familiar with. A lot of files and images have been uploaded to a shared OneDrive file (given to us by our school for free), so it will not be difficult to transfer that information to WeVideo.

For now, Luis and I are trying to find time either tomorrow or the day after to film the scene with Bryce, the scene with Garrett and Isa, and acquire the ID pictures of Isa and Z. Coronavirus was not on either of our schedules, but fortunately, we were ahead of our schedule so this virus will not be that much of an obstacle for us besides arranging a meeting with our cast.

This recent outbreak has been a lot for my family and me to absorb. By following the news, Luis and I aim to stay informed and safe as we conclude the production of our film and make out way into post-production.

Till next time, Have a great day & wash your hands,


No comments:

Post a Comment