Tuesday, March 10, 2020

(#17) - why it's bad to go to school on weekends (Production day #3)

Have you ever woken up at a different time than the one you've set on your alarm clock? I have.

And it sucks.

Imagine my surprise, waking up at 7:30 AM on a weekend (specifically this past Sunday) when my alarm clock read 6:30 AM. There were numerous texts in my cast group chat, theorizing how Luis and I were still asleep and not answering our phones. That's when I read two dreaded words that will become engraved in my head: Daylight Savings. I was dumbfounded and sprinted out of the house with my equipment towards other Jakob's house (our actor playing Bryce) to pick him up for our call time at 8 o'clock. Still, there was no response from Luis, who I gave numerous phone calls.

On my way to Jakob's house, I placed a phone call to all of our cast members about the possibility of rescheduling two days later. With a resounding yes from everyone, Tuesday seemed like the best idea at the moment. After picking up Jakob to receive the final "yes", I texted our Valedictorian group text and confirmed that we would be rain checking today's production to reconvene two days later. The stress from that morning lifted from my shoulders as the two Jacobs (me and Jakob) drove to Luis's house to tell him the news, as he still hadn't picked up a phone call.

Waking up Luis with a knock on his bedroom window, Jakob and I entered from his front door to greet a newly awoken Luis. He exclaimed that what woke him up that morning wasn't the seven alarms he'd set, not the phone calls he received, not the knocking on his window, but me shouting "Luis" through the window pane. I caught him up on the rescheduling, and he agreed to this change. To make up for a lost day of filming, the three of us got in the car to get breakfast.


We will reconvene in two days!! And I'm looking forward to it.

Till then, Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment