Friday, March 27, 2020

(#28) - walking music (soundtrack!)

Luis got back to me after micro editing. I warned him how difficult this edit would be; now he fully understood my concern. We don't have a lot of variety in our shots so it is difficult to choose "the perfect take" to be inserted into the film. The two of us agreed on the place that needed work: the running montage. There weren't enough cuts, the audio was awkward, and there was an overall lack of intensity, which we desired. To remedy this, we both saw one possible solution...

MUSIC!

Having music to increase the intensity of this scene is imperative to put the "icing on the cake" of this scene. So, Luis searched for Pirates of the Caribbean, adventure-esc tracks while I looked for something fast and sinister.


A few hours later, Luis returned with this audio bite from Killer Tracks:


It's cool, don't get me wrong, but it screams Hollywood Grand Adventure rather than students in competition. After scouring the YouTube Audio Library for some uncopyrighted tunes, I stumbled across these beauties:

"Don't Change A Thing"


To find both tracks, I searched "Rock, Dark" for the meaner, more sinister mood we intended for the film. The rock element would supply the fast-paced, high energy beat in order to bring the intensity to this scene. While searching for this audiotrack, I also stumbled upon...

"The Coldest Shoulder"


This track has a cool element to it that is both endearing yet sinister. I love this tone in that it encourages the listener to ponder about thoughts in their head in addition to wrapping the overall piece together in an appealing manner. That's why I thought this song would be perfect to add to the conclusion of the film, during either the last scene with Isa and Garrett or even during the Announcer's voiceovers.

In our next editing session, Luis and I plan on attacking scene #2 together on a facetime call to work through the knicks and crannies of this minute of Valedictorian. Then, we will see how these songs fit into the scene.




Till next time, Have a Great Day, and Wash Your Hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment